Next year I'm most keen to read more - I know I've tried this in the past and failed - but hopefully this year I will actually succeed :D
I've set a personal challenge of sorts over at Goodreads, aiming for ten speculative fiction classics. Now, some of the titles on my list are pretty new for the word 'classic' but I'm taking a few from Hugo lists etc which tend to be good at predicting books that will stand the test of time. A couple are also re-reads, which I'm just as excited about.
Here's the list :)
1. Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert Heinlein
2. Neuromancer by William Gibson
3. The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi
4. Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
5. 1984 by George Orwell
6. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick
7. The City & the City by China Miéville
8. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
9. The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin
10. At the Mountains of Madness by H. P. Lovecraft
10. Dhalgren by Samuel R. Delany
10. Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury
Free ebook with every newsletter sign up in 2016
Ashley Capes is an Australian writer of fiction, poetry and very occasional non-fiction.
Imperial Towers (Never Book 5) - draft 1
Moss Dragon - draft 1
Reed Lavender (working title) - draft 1
Unnamed Spec Fic - draft 1
Whisper of Leaves (sequel) - Outline